Our three annual fundraiser German/Austrian culture Fests—Maifest, Sommerfest, and Kinderfest—are open to guests and are not to be missed.
If you love to dance, there's always a lively band playing folk and popular music. Featured dancers in traditional dress perform Schuhplattler and other dances popular at Oktoberfest and seasonal festivals in Bavaria and Austria. Special games, dances, and activities are planned for Kinder (children) at Kinderfest.
Add to that a menu of authentic German/Austrian foods, and of course, excellent imported and domestic beers and other drinks, and you have a fun-filled day that is sehr gemütlich for all ages.
Festivals are held at our beautiful Mt. Tamalpais alpine lodge, built by members 100 years ago, and decorated with Bäuerliche Malerei (traditional folk painting). The lodge is situated in the redwoods just above Muir Woods National Monument, and has wonderful views of the coastal range and surrounding area.
Don't forget to wear your Lederhosen, Dirndl, Tirolerhut, or other Tracht (traditional attire) to join in the spirit of the Fest!
Maifest, Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12-6pm
Sommerfest, Sunday, July 19, 2015, 12-6pm
Kinderfest, Sunday, September 20, 2015, 12-6pm
San Francisco Tourist Club, Mill Valley, Marin County, California
Reaching our lodge requires a Spaziergang from a trailhead or our parking lot, but is worth it! See Directions.
Adult guests 18 and over: $20 (plus $1 for online credit card processing)
Under 18: No charge, no ticket required
Maifest tickets are now available
- Guest tickets to the Fests are available online only. When tickets are available to purchase, we will post an update on our News page.
- You do not need to print a receipt. Check in with an ID at admissions when you arrive. If you bought tickets for a group, tickets will be held under the name of the purchaser.
- Admission tickets are non-refundable and all sales are final.
- Admission price covers admission only to the Festival. Food, drink, and merchandise require separate purchases.
- We do not accept credit cards, debit cards, electronic transfers, or checks at the Tourist Club on the day of the event. There is no ATM on the premises.
- No re-entry to the Fest.
- The Festival goes on, rain or shine!
- Each Fest attendee must possess valid ID proving legal age to purchase or consume beer or wine.
- No outside food or alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No dogs are allowed at the Fest.
- Please read the Guest Rules before your visit.
Parking is extremely limited. There is simply not enough parking space on the mountain to accommodate festival guests. Some attendees who have parked along Panoramic Highway have received citations. Please use alternative ways of getting to the club whenever possible: hike in, take the bus, or carpool. See Directions for details.
Access to our club can be challenging for the infirm, those with perambulators, and anyone who wishes to avoid steep roads and narrow, rocky trails. A shuttle is available during Festivals from our parking lot on Ridge Avenue to the lodge for the disabled and infirm only.
- Families with children, and those who wish to take a break from the crowds and music, can enjoy our meadow. Bring a blanket for the grass.
- We try to offer vegan/vegetarian options for sausages, salads, side dishes, and desserts, as well as gluten-free beverages.
Maifest May 17
12pm to 6pm, Sunday May 17
Maifest (pronounced "my–fest") is the traditional celebration of the arrival of spring. In Germany and Austria, the Maibaum (Maypole) is decorated to honor a town or village's local history, produce, and crafts, and is the focus of the traditional Maypole Dance.
Sommerfest July 19
12pm to 6pm, Sunday July 19
Celebrate summer with great food, drink, live music, and dancing at our traditional German festival, Sommerfest!
Kinderfest September 20
12pm to 6pm, Sunday September 20
Kinderfest is a great event for the entire family. In addition to all the adult fun, food, drink, live music, and dancing of Oktoberfest, there are special activities for our younger members and guests.
Children can compete for prizes in our forest meadow games, or join other kids in dances on our Fest dance floor.
Music and Dancing at the Fest
Dem Glücklichen schlägt keine Stunde