Purchase Kinderfest Tickets
Our three annual fundraiser German/Austrian culture Fests—Maifest, Sommerfest, and Kinderfest—are open to guests and are not to be missed. If you love to dance, there’s always a lively band playing folk and popular music. Featured dancers in traditional dress perform Schuhplattler and other dances popular at Oktoberfest and seasonal festivals in Bavaria and Austria.
Add to that a menu of authentic German/Austrian foods, and of course, excellent imported and domestic beers and other drinks, and you have a fun-filled day that is sehr gemütlich for all ages. Special activities are planned for Kinder (children) at Kinderfest.
Don’t forget to wear your Lederhosen, Dirndl, Tirolerhut, or other Tracht (traditional attire) to join in the spirit of the Fest!
Maifest, Sunday, May 18, 2014, 12-6pm
Sommerfest, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 12-6pm
Kinderfest, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 12-6pm
San Francisco Tourist Club, Mill Valley, Marin County, California
Reaching our lodge requires a Spaziergang from a trailhead or our parking lot, but is worth it! See Directions.
Adult guests 18 and over: $20 (plus $1 for online credit card processing)
Under 18: No charge
- Tickets are available to purchase online in advance of the Fests—see 2014 Festivals below.
NOTE: No tickets will be held in reserve for sale at the Fest. If all tickets sell out online we will not be selling admission tickets at the gate on the day of the Fest. This is a change from past Fests.
- We do not accept credit cards, debit cards, or checks at the Tourist Club on the day of the event. There is no ATM on the premises.
- Admission tickets are non-refundable
- The Festival goes on, rain or shine!
- Each Fest attendee must possess valid ID proving legal age to purchase or consume beer or wine
- No outside food or alcoholic beverages are permitted
- No dogs allowed
- Please read the Guest Rules before your visit
Parking is extremely limited. There is simply not enough parking space on the mountain to accommodate festival guests. Some attendees who have parked along Panoramic Highway have received citations. Please use alternative ways of getting to the club whenever possible: hike in, take the bus, or carpool. See Directions for details.
Access to our club can be challenging for the infirm, those with perambulators, and anyone who wishes to avoid steep roads and narrow, rocky trails. A shuttle is available during Festivals from our parking lot on Ridge Avenue to the lodge for the disabled and infirm only.
- Families with children, and those who wish to take a break from the crowds and music, can enjoy our meadow. Bring a blanket for the grass.
- We try to offer vegan/vegetarian options for sausages, salads, side dishes, and desserts, as well as gluten-free beverages.
Maifest May 18
12pm to 6pm, Sunday May 18
Maifest (pronounced “my–fest”) is the traditional celebration of the arrival of spring. In Germany and Austria, the Maibaum (Maypole) is decorated to honor a town or village’s local history, produce, and crafts, and is the focus of the traditional Maypole Dance.
Sommerfest July 20
12pm to 6pm, Sunday July 20
Celebrate summer with great food, drink, music, and dancing at our traditional German festival, Sommerfest!
Kinderfest September 21
12pm to 6pm, Sunday September 21
Kinderfest (Children’s Festival) is a great event for the entire family. In addition to all the fun, food, drink, live music, and dancing of Oktoberfest, there are games, dances, and other activities especially for our younger members and guests.
Admission tickets for Kinderfest are sold online in advance of the Fest.
Music and Dancing at the Fest
Dem Glücklichen schlägt keine Stunde