To become a member, you must work with members and prospective members like you. There are only individual memberships, with an affordable initiation fee and annual dues. Families are very welcome. All potential members must participate in our work-days. This is how we strengthen and maintain our community.
In order to become a member of Nature Friends San Francisco, the “Tourist Club,” you must:
- Join us for three of our regular work days (see below)
- Volunteer for a total of 6 hours at Tourist Club fests: Maifest, Sommerfest, or Kinderfest
- Attend a Nature Friends social function with a membership sponsor
- Be sponsored by two club members in good standing
- Submit an application for SF Nature Friends Executive Board consideration and approval
- Speak at a Quarterly meeting about why you want to become a member
It can take from six months to a year to fulfill all the requirements. Our club encourages active members; we hope to know you for life (another good reason to get to know each other before joining our club). We have a few families that have been members for five generations!
If you would like more information about the requirements for becoming a member, come in working clothes and shoes and join us for a regular work day. Our members will be happy to answer your questions.
Work days are always held on the second Sunday of any month, rain or shine, starting at 9am. You don’t need to notify us in advance, just show up ready to work at 9am and make sure to sign the work day attendance log. At the work day, be sure to meet the members and get to know us and our club. A delicious lunch is provided for all the workers around 2pm.
Before you come: Call our hotline at (415) 388-9987 to make sure there are no cancellations.
Benefits of Membership
- Unparalleled outdoor experiences
- Social events
- Use of the facilities in the Bay Area, Southern California, and Tahoe
- Membership in the worldwide Nature Friends organization
- and many more…!